One on One / Next Level is the preeminent members-only networking studio for the trained, professional actor to connect with leading casting directors, agents/managers, and filmmakers to attain new levels of success in their careers. We offer exciting programming across 3 campuses: Los Angeles, New York, and Online (Zoom) along with Special Programs & collaborations with renowned institutions such as the USC School of Cinematic Arts Film School & NYU Tisch Grad Film School.
Our mission is to help actors forge their own relationships with the industry instead of waiting for the phone to ring. We want to help actors invest in their own results & success instead of being stuck in a cycle of feeling disempowered and disconnected. We pride ourselves on being a space for the trained, committed actor to build community and network, and thereby being a bridge to their success.
Our studio is a central nexus for an actor’s “first step / foray” in their careers as part of a very challenging entertainment industry. We deal with big personalities all around including their many beauties & flaws.
If you absolutely love dealing with actors & CDs/reps, keep reading as we are seeking an addition to our team to fill the full-time, Los Angeles based position of Administrative & Marketing Associate.
You will report to and work closely with three different department heads (Programming & Marketing Supervisor, Office Manager, & Marketing Manager).
Working with the Programming & Marketing Supervisor, you will ensure the daily needs of our classes & events are met. Whether that means all the prep in the run up to events or rescheduling them as needed.
Working with the Office Manager, you will help oversee and coordinate the administrative & customer service operations of the studio as well as the daily activity of the support staff. The hiring, onboarding, & training of new support staff members & volunteer readers will be spearheaded alongside enforcing studio policies & maintaining quality standards.
In addition, you and the Office Manager will manage inventory stock & supplies as well as liaise with external service providers for various aspects of the studio’s operations including physical facilities & online infrastructure.
Working with the Marketing Manager, you will be tasked in assisting with writing marketing email copy, execution of the marketing strategy, as well as some content creation under the direction of the Marketing Manager.
You will be a part of the studio's Senior Staff meaning you will be expected to have a solid understanding of all facets of our core operations, and will be called upon to help troubleshoot & assist other departments if needed.
You will be a member of a team that prides itself on collaboration and teamwork, and will at times be a designated Supervisor overseeing support staff across our 3 campuses.
This is the perfect role for the SUPER organized & detailed person who has a strong handle on administrative & customer service tasks. You are able to handle tough personalities over the phone and via email. But you absolutely love ensuring the Is are dotted and the Ts are crossed, as you know that is what keeps the train moving.
- Compensation: $50,000 gross annually + additional opportunities depending on performance.
- Health Insurance after 3 months.
- Paid Time Off (Sick/Vacation Days + Major Federal Holidays)
- Location: You must be located in Los Angeles to work at our in person studio.
- Status: You’ll be an employee and must be authorized to legally work in the United States
Coordinate Daily Activity of Support Staff & Volunteers (15%)
- Oversee the Volunteer Reader system across the studio’s three campuses for the high volume of programming events. You will be tasked with identifying and onboarding new volunteer readers when needed as well as enforcing reader quality standards when some fall short. You will work to ensure that every programming event which requires a volunteer reader is assigned one and that the reader is confirmed & arrives punctually. You are able to quickly attain a replacement & manage any situations that may arise from a reader flaking.
- Oversee the Zoom Host system for the studio’s online campus. You will be tasked with managing the Zoom Host Availability calendar, assigning hosts when needed, ensuring that the Zoom Host is confirmed for their shift assignment & “checks-in” punctually. You will work together with the Senior Staff to ensure the prompt check-in of the Zoom Hosts and provide support as necessary for any issues the Zoom Host may need assistance with during the Online class.
- Oversee the Support Staff system that provides vital customer service & administrative support in our operations. You ensure staff standards are met and are able to identify improvements when support staff members fall short. You oversee the support staff schedule and ensure any holes in the schedule are covered.
- Verification of operational readiness for programming & rental needs means you have a thorough understanding of the studio’s physical & tech set up requirements and can troubleshoot when needed.
- Hiring, Onboarding, & Training of support staff & Zoom hosts involves familiarity with job posting sites, liaising with potential applicants, scheduling & conducting interviews, understanding the onboarding process, and the coordination of the training of the new hire so they are set up for success.
- Organize Monthly Meetings & Training Updates for support staff to ensure the team is all on the same page with regards to new policies, programming, & protocols. You identify gaps in the training where support staff are falling short and are able to address.
Customer Service (10%)
- Excellent Customer Service Skills via email, over the phone, & in-person. You will need to know the studio’s policies inside and out and be able to convey them to actors in a polite but yet firm manner.
- Ability to Multitask in a Fast Paced Environment where you will need to juggle daily tasks from the studio’s multiple departments. You must have strong time management skills and be extremely organized.
- Self-Starter Skills are a must. You will be tasked with projects & daily tasks that need to be completed within strict deadlines, and you must be able to prioritize, organize, & sustain your own workflow.
- Administrative Support for our programming team involves calling actors regarding date/time changes to events they are signed up for, following up for payment & outstanding balances, and administrative tasks involving spreadsheets, templates, & docs.
- Ability to hold clear boundaries while maintaining compassion for our community. You will be required to engage with members or instructors with big personalities and big demands. We will empower you to handle these situations with grace and confidence.
- Enforcement of studio policies & community standards means at times some difficult phone calls with members who need to receive a warning or clarification. You must be able to know the company’s policies inside & out and be able to hold firm in the company’s stance.
- Ensuring customer service needs are met involves overseeing our email inbox and making sure the support staff is adequately addressing the high volume of emails. You provide assistance & guidance when needed and step-in when a particular inquiry needs escalation.
Daily Operations (20%)
- Industry Confirmations for instructors is a key part of the daily operations. Work with the front of house support staff to identify instructors not yet confirmed for upcoming classes & ensure contact is made. You set reminders to ensure that these do not fall through the cracks.
- Reader Confirmations is another key part of the daily operations. Work with the front of house support staff to identify readers not yet confirmed for upcoming classes & ensure contact is made. You set reminders to ensure that these do not fall through the cracks.
- Zoom Host Confirmations is key to the success of our online campus. Work with the front of house support staff to identify Zoom Hosts not yet confirmed for upcoming classes & ensure contact is made. You set reminders to ensure that these do not fall through the cracks. You are able to maintain a watchful eye to ensure the Zoom Hosts have the most up-to-date roster when there are last minute signups and that they are informed with pertinent information.
- Online Class Zoom & DropBox Links are what enable our live interactive online classes to operate. You have a keen understanding of Zoom & DropBox and create the Zoom meetings & DropBox requests/folders as appropriate for the Online programming coming up. You ensure that these are communicated to the actors signed up in a timely manner and that the email lists accurate information with regards to sides & any other special information for classes that do not fall in line with the usual format.
- Sides Checks are necessary to ensure that actors in upcoming classes have received appropriate scene assignments. Follow ups with the instructors are often needed to ensure this is done in a satisfactory manner.
- Monitor New Member Audition Intake to ensure that new member applications are reviewed in a timely manner. This requires a keen understanding of the standards for membership into the studio along with familiarity with actor resumes & performance footage. You will monitor the queue and in conjunction with other Senior Staff Members and designated NMA auditors, provide an extra set of hands when necessary. You are able to provide a second opinion when asked.
- Classroom Assignments for the studio’s in-person classes are appropriately made in alignment with the studio setup notes & requirements set by the Managing Director & Programming/Marketing Supervisor.
- Liaise with rental clients to ensure quality standards are met to their satisfaction. Communicate any issues to the Office Manager & Managing Director.
- Outreach & Attainment of monthly rental clients under the guidance of the Office Manager & Managing Director. Give tours of the facility to prospective rental clients.
Supplies & Service Providers (15%)
- Ensure Inventory Stock & Supplies for the physical facilities & online infrastructure of the studio. You make sure that the studio never runs out of paper & the website invoice is paid.
- Manage Service Providers for the studio’s physical facilities & online infrastructure including for AC maintenance, janitorial services, telecommunication providers, & facility repairs. You troubleshoot & seek assistance from service providers when needed. You proactively schedule maintenance & repairs as needed.
- Maintain Facility Cleanliness whether that be vacuuming or proactively scheduling carpet cleaning.
- Write Checks for the LA studio's in-person programming event/program industry guests, contractors & service providers for the LA studio's facilities, as well as mail out checks for Online Classes as requested by the Managing Director + Programming/Marketing Supervisor.
Cross-Department Support (30%)
- Assist other departments depending on the studio's day-to-day needs. This includes possible assistance with classroom tech & facilities issues, Zoom troubleshooting for our live interactive online classes, customer service & administrative support for our office managers, programming needs, outreach for new members, as well as member engagement.
- Participate & Contribute to the Overall Marketing Strategy involves having a keen understanding of the studio's programming calendar, enrollment trends, & being able to formulate ideas based on day-to-day needs. You will be called upon as needed to assist with marketing email copy and/or creating Instagram Reels/Content.
- As a member of the Senior Staff, you will need to be fully versed on and able to execute the essential protocols of our operations. At certain times you will be the designated “Supervisor” meaning you will be on-point and oversee operations for all 3 campuses (New York, Los Angeles, and Online). This involves a keen understanding of our programming offerings & distinct protocols for each campus and oversight of the support staff. You understand how to provide support for our programming & rental needs across the board for all 3 campuses, whether Online or In-Person.
This could be you if…
- You’re no longer an actor but you’d love a fulfilling career in entertainment and you love actors and the industry.
- You are still pursuing acting, yet you’re ready for a full time, permanent position with a company connected to entertainment. Please do not apply for this role if you are looking for a gig to further your own acting career.
- Good Humor is a HUGE PLUS!
- Great organization skills and attention to detail is a must. In fact, you’re probably known as the ‘organized one’.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Works well under deadlines and strong time management skills.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and ability to problem-solve under pressure.
- Ability to maintain close professional relationships with actors, talent agents, managers, filmmakers, and casting directors as a representative of the company (not for personal gain).
- You have an interest and passion for the entertainment industry and love working with creative types including actors, casting directors, agents, managers, and filmmakers. And you are able to handle the quirks that make them mostly great but sometimes a pain ;)
- You’re not intimidated by conveying the studio’s policies to people who expect and demand an exception to be made.
- You are able to have the studio’s back even in front of an intimidating, A-list industry professional or an actor who is upset that you are telling them something they do not want to hear.
- You are able to maintain cool in a high pressure, fast-paced environment where you are surrounded with big personalities in both our clients & customers.
- You’re really into working on multi-step projects that repeat on a regular cadence - daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually. The routine lights you up & you take pride in getting better at doing the same things. However, you also have the flexibility to deal with the curveballs as they are thrown at you as the entertainment industry is one of constant fluidity & last minute changes. You must be able to stay grounded in completion of your daily essential tasks while being available to troubleshoot “situations” with the team.
- Detail, details, details! You know the details matter and you’d never dream of sending something out that doesn’t look just right. Typos & off brand ideas are a no-no.
- No task is too big or too small for you. You’re ready to take responsibility, get your hands dirty, rally the team, and get it all done.
- Multi-tasking is the name of your game. You keep all the plates spinning & people moving in the right direction.
- You love following carefully laid out protocols, processes, and procedures and are able to do so in a high-pressure, fast paced environment.
- You’re invested in your personal & professional development and want to grow in a fun, fast-paced company culture for the long term.
- You are a team player. We all pitch-in when necessary!
- You’re cool with trying & making smart mistakes along the way. In fact, you like to learn from them.
Software & Equipment
- Constant Contact & Gmail to manage member communications
- Slack for in-the-moment team communications
- Zoom for Live Interactive Online Classes & Team Meetings
- Google Docs & Sheets to keep track of programming details
- DropBox for class videos & sides
- Cameras, Tripods, HDMI Cords, SD Cards, and all that jazz!
If you’ve read this far & this sounds like a fit, click on this link to submit your application!
If you’re an actor, we welcome your application and we ask that you only apply if you’re seeking a full time, permanent position with our organization. This is not just a gig to get industry connections.
We are accepting initial applications.
As a company, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage people of all ethnicities, nationalities, genders, races, abilities, and sexual identities to apply.
If you’ve been chosen to move forward to the interview, you’ll be notified shortly after your application is received. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We’ll assess the top candidates in the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have). If chosen, we’ll invite you to do at least one assessment, a Zoom interview, followed by an In-Person final interview & work days.
To ensure we’re a great fit for each other, as the successful candidate you’ll join for a three month trial period. Near the end of the trial we’ll meet and mutually decide whether and how we’d like to continue with a longer-term arrangement.
We can’t wait to hear from you!