One on One / Next Level is a members-only networking studio for the trained, professional actor to connect with leading casting directors, agents/managers, and filmmakers to attain new levels of success in their careers. We offer exciting programming across 3 campuses: Los Angeles, New York, and Online (Zoom) along with Special Programs & collaborations with renowned institutions such as the USC School of Cinematic Arts Film School & NYU Tisch Grad Film School.
Our mission is to help actors forge their own relationships with the industry instead of waiting for the phone to ring. We want to help actors invest in their own results & success instead of being stuck in a cycle of feeling disempowered and disconnected. We pride ourselves on being a space for the trained, committed actor to build community and network, and thereby being a bridge to their success.
If you love people and have a natural knack to manage strong personalities, keep reading as we are adding a Front of House / Class Monitor to our team.
This is the perfect role for a people person. Think of it as being the host of an event with many moving parts and pieces that requires coordination with different personalities. And it is your job to make sure all the parts & pieces come together and the event actually kicks off. In this role, you will be tasked with overseeing & facilitating the successful start & completion of numerous in-person classes & events. You will be the face of the company and must be a Friendly Face + Ambassador for the studio to both actors & industry instructors.
- Time Commitment: Saturday 8:30am - 4:00pm + potential additional shifts as the role develops.
- Compensation: $20/hr to start.
- Location: You must be located in Los Angeles and authorized to work in the US.
- Oversee & Facilitate in-person classes & events. You will be tasked with checking-in actors, making sure readers & instructors arrive, and coordinating with the staff supervisor to get our daily in-person events off the ground.
- Set Up Cameras / Troubleshoot Technical Issues as most of our events & classes are on-camera and recorded. You will be responsible for setting each room up according to the specifications laid out by the programming team (chairs, camera, SD card, TV monitor, etc) along with troubleshooting any technical issues that may arise in the class. When the class has ended, you will be tasked with uploading the videos from the SD card into DropBox for our team to send out to the actors the next morning.
- Be a Warm & Friendly Face and Ambassador for the Studio to both actors & industry instructors who may at times be stressed, confused, or upset. You will need to clearly communicate the studio’s policies & expectations in a polite, respectful but yet firm manner.
- Maintain Studio Cleanliness involves daily inspection of each classroom, light vacuuming and cleanup if needed, making sure the studio is clear of trash, taking out the trash bags when needed, and informing the Associate Office Manager & Office Manager when technical equipment & studio facilities need further attention (broken camera, classroom in need of repainting, etc).
- Excellent Customer Service Skills via email & in-person. You will need to know the studio’s policies inside and out and be able to convey them to actors in a polite but yet firm manner.
- Ability to Multitask in a Fast Paced Environment where you will need to juggle daily tasks from the studio’s multiple departments along with requests from actors & industry instructors who may approach you with requests & concerns. You must have strong time management skills and be extremely organized.
- Administrative Support for our programming team involves calling actors regarding date/time changes to events they are signed up for, following up for payment & outstanding balances, and administrative tasks involving spreadsheets & docs.
- Ability to hold clear boundaries while maintaining compassion for our community. Every once and while, you will be required to engage with members or instructors with big personalities and big demands. We will empower you to handle these situations with grace and confidence.
This could be you if…
- You’re no longer an actor but you’d love a fulfilling career in entertainment and you love actors.
- You are still pursuing acting, yet you’re ready for a part-time position with a company connected to entertainment. Please do not apply for this role if you are looking for a gig to further your own acting career.
- Good Humor is a HUGE PLUS!
- Great organization skills and attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and ability to problem-solve under pressure.
- You have an interest and passion for the entertainment industry and love working with creative types including actors, casting directors, agents, managers, and filmmakers. And you are able to handle the quirks that make them mostly great but sometimes a pain ;)
- You’re not intimidated by conveying the studio’s policies to people who expect an exception to be made.
- You are able to have the studio’s back even in front of an intimidating, A-list industry professional or an actor who is upset that you are telling them something they do not want to hear.
- You are able to maintain cool in a high pressure, fast-paced environment where you are surrounded with big personalities in both our clients & customers.
- Detail, details, details! You know the details matter and you’d never dream of sending something out that doesn’t look just right. Typos & off brand ideas are a no-no.
- No task is too big or too small for you. You’re ready to take responsibility, get your hands dirty, rally the team, and get it all done.
- Multi-tasking is the name of your game. You keep all the plates spinning & people moving in the right direction.
- You love following carefully laid out protocols, processes, and procedures and are able to do so in a high-pressure, fast paced environment.
- You’re invested in your personal & professional development and want to grow in a fun, fast-paced company culture for the long term.
- You’re cool with trying & making smart mistakes along the way. In fact, you like to learn from them.
Software + Equipment
- Slack for in-the-moment team communications
- Zoom for Team Meetings
- Google Docs & Sheets to keep track of programming details
- DropBox for class videos & sides
- Cameras, Tripods, HDMI Cords, SD Cards, and all that jazz!
If you’ve read this far & this sounds like a fit, click on this link to submit your application!
If you’re an actor, we welcome your application and we ask that you only apply if you’re genuinely seeking a position at a company connected to entertainment. This is not just a gig to get industry connections.
We are accepting applications on an on-going basis.
As a company, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage people of all ethnicities, nationalities, genders, races, abilities, and sexual identities to apply.
If you’ve been chosen to move forward to the interview, you’ll be notified shortly after your application is received. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We’ll assess the top candidates in the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have). If chosen, we’ll invite you to do at least one assessment, a Zoom interview, followed by an In-Person final interview.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
© 2018 | Legal Information